Friday, October 28, 2011

The Sky is the Limit

Obviously NOT the coat she was wearing, it was even more Fab
I love when this city inspires me. Now I know what your thinking, 'you live in Florence, aren't you inspired everyday?' Yes of course I am always fascinated and excited to be living in this amazing place, until life gets in the way,  but then there are days like today that I go for a walk around town and remember why I fell in love with Florence in the first place. And it is thanks to an old friend in a FABULOUS red coat (and two espressos) that I was filled with this tremendous inspiration today.

So what was it that was different about today than any other day? I'm not exactly sure. Maybe it was the excitement of having a wonderful chat with a lovely Aussie chick that I haven't seen in months even though it felt as if it was only a few days ago, as if no time had passed at all. She is one of the friends that I have had here since the very beginning. We have shared many of the same joys as well as some of the same struggles over the years of living in Florence. (Not to mention the same love of fashion.) It was comfortable and easy and refreshing and we were simply happy to see each other and catch up.

It's encouraging to know that after all of those who have come and gone over the years there are those of us who remain and who keep pushing to make our dreams a reality. And my dear friend Freya is a great example of that. She has worked incredibly hard to get where she is and she never let anyone tell her it was impossible or that it would never work. She went for it and that kind of positive energy and passion is what dreams are made of. So 'good on ya little chicken! "

After our coffee at Cantinetta Verazzano she had to get back to work so I decided to take a walk around the city. It had been a while since I've just walked and looked, I mean really looked. At everything.  Shop windows, buildings, cars, people, everything around me. I then began to think about all of the designers, artists, architects and historians who have been coming here for centuries, I'm sure someone probably told them they couldn't, I'm sure they heard 'no grazie' more than once. But they didn't let that stop them. After all "impossible is just an opinion"

That's MY necklace in the window of Prive
So with that I stopped in to talk to a few more boutique owners and tell them who I am and what I do....afterall "Obstacles are those frightful things that you see when you take your eyes off your goal."

Heck I even stopped into a real estate office to ask the price of a store space that was for rent! Might be getting a little far ahead of myself with that one, but hey it can't hurt to ask!

By the time I got home I was ready to conquer the world or at least a little piece of it.

So thank you my friend in the FABULOUS red coat and thank you to my lovely city. (ok, so I know I'm totally cheesy, but whatever)

What inspires you? I always love to hear what motivates others. Tell me in the comment box below.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, do you sell your jewellery in Prive? I love that store. Complimenti! I wrote about it on my blog http://www.mysweetflorence.com/2011/08/prive.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Birgitte!Thanks! I do indeed sell my jewelry at Prive! Giovanna the owner is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post from the first paragraph! So many things made me smile and feel inspired. You and Freya both have done so much and worked so hard and you are both amazing. I am so proud of you and it excited me to think about you walking around town exploring, introducting yourself etc. YOU are inspiring my dear!

    What inspires me is the amazing friends that I have, their talents, their bravery and their beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Cri! Thank you! It is honestly because of wonderful, supportive friends like you who have ALWAYS believed in me and give me the coraggio to keep trying! I am very grateful for that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I always look forward to hearing from my reader! It will just take a second and I will get your comment posted!

Don't be Shy! Share!