Monday, January 14, 2013

Home.....

view of L.A from my sister's new backyard

...... After a these years I'm still not quite sure where 'home' exactly is however, we're now back  in our Florence home after a fabulous three week trip to Los Angeles to visit family for the holidays. It was so wonderful and I really didn't want to leave. We had a great time and there was not one minute that we weren't doing something. Like always I was amazed at how much my nieces and nephews had changed and grew. To be expected of course, but once again a reminder of how quickly time flies. And if that wasn't enough, I also had a chance to make my way through some old boxes that I had in storage. Some serious memories in those boxes. High school, college, study abroad and my first years in Florence. I can hardly believe it's now 13 years that I have lived here. They say home is where the heart is and I still have mine in two places. One thing is for sure, it never gets easier. 

At the moment I am battling jet lag and a bit of nostalgia but I'm getting myself organized to begin creating again. For now I am gathering inspiration from some great (new to me music) music and playing with my new toy! I decided it was time to enter into the 21st century and purchase an ipad. I love it! I can't put it down. I am convincing myself that it will add to my productivity by making uploading, blogging, tweeting and posting much easier. We'll see how that goes. Either way its still lots of fun and Spotify and Music Tube are AWESOME!! 



We've got a new project in the works that I am expecting to be finished by mid February (fingers crossed) Our garage is getting a makeover and that means I will be getting a new studio! Horray! Yes, the project has been delayed but hammers are hammering and walls are being broken as we speak, so yes my friends its finally in the works. I am gathering lots of new ideas on my Pintrest boards whie getting my creative juices flowing. And of course enjoying the newfound music selections. I hope you enjoy them and I will be back with another interview from fabulous Florentine designer oh so soon! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you got a really nice re-charge of energy going home. So glad the trip was awesome and now you are revving to go in Firenze! Florence is lucky to have you! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I always look forward to hearing from my reader! It will just take a second and I will get your comment posted!

Don't be Shy! Share!