Monday, May 13, 2013

Welcome to my Studio!


I've been working on it for a long time and I feel like I've been talking about it for even longer. The one thing that I have always wanted, something I set my sights on more than 6 years ago is FINALLY mine! I still can't believe it. Sometimes I just sit here and stare at it and dream about all the things I get to create.

So after months of bricks and concrete, plaster and paint, my studio is finally ready! The day I met Luigi was probably the last time I was this happy! And I knew he was a good man because its   really thanks to him and all his hard work that I have this space, he did it all by himself and he did it for me and its beautiful! Thanks Babes!!!!
Before: The exposed brick walls would have been nice but unfortunately there was too much damage to the structure and it wouldn't have held up nor been very safe!
I've been busy decopaugeing floors, painting walls, moving furniture and organizing my mounds and mounds of art supplies, as well as taking a little trip to Los Angeles in the interim (where I purchased more art and craft supplies) and I now have my very own work space. Hooray!!!!

I was going to wait to post this until everything was perfect and I had a studio full of new work to show you but I realize that that could take a while and that this is really going to be a work in progress for a long time coming. I have so many ideas as to what I want to create and not only with my artwork but for the studio design and decor as well. So for now it is almost perfect and getting closer everyday. And besides I can't wait to post all of the little project that I will be working on.

I can already see that my artwork is beginning to change directions. Somehow I feel completely free all of a sudden and I know this space is really going to help me grow as an artist. Thank you to all of you who have supported me and this little dream of mine! Thanks for believing in me!

Have a look at the before and after photos below. Its pretty remarkable! It was a lot of work but so worth it!
Before: Gigi hard at work! 

Before: The space was used as a warehouse, garage and tool storage for Gi and his brother's construction business for 15 years, needless to say there was A LOT of stuff! 

After: Yes it really is the same space!


Add caption
During: This is after the old plaster and concrete was removed



During



AFTER!!!!!!


After After After!!!!!

You can find me at Via di Mezzo 6, just down the street from Piazza Sant' Ambrgio




7 comments:

  1. WOW! WOW! WOW! Congrats Sara! It looks beautiful and perfectly YOU! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! Amazing! Sara congratulations on your new space. I can't wait to see all of the awesome designs that come out of it. Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sara, I'm so happy for you. The place looks amazing. It must be so wonderful for finally have your own studio and especially after so much hard work. Congratulations! Can't wait to come and take a few pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies!! I can't wait for you all to see it in person and Birgitte I am so excitesd to have you take (good) photos since as you can tell mine leave much to be desired! I am so excited about the possibilities! Thank you ladies for your support, you've all been such inspirations to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I'm so happy for you, Sara! Bravo Luigi too! Can't wait to come see it finally.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great looking space Sara--We will be expecting some special things to be coming out of here!! !:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Kenneth! It is most definitely a dream come true! I hope I can live up to it now!
    Molly, thank you so much! I can't wait for you to see it too! Its been a long time coming for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I always look forward to hearing from my reader! It will just take a second and I will get your comment posted!

Don't be Shy! Share!