Friday, September 16, 2011

Favoloso Fall

(Well as it turns out my idea about having a separate page about Florentine fashion isn't going to work, bummer) 

Love the gray T-straps!
Even though it doesn’t seem like it these days with temperatures still in the high 30’s C (90’s F) autumn is almost upon us! I couldn’t be happier; it is definitely my favorite time of year.  I love the summer but by this time every year I have had enough of these humid Italian summers. Cooler temps, jeans and sweaters are a welcome change. So to get you in the mood for the new season, the shops are beginning to change their windows and display the new styles and fashions. How exciting!

The Italians have perfected the art of window shopping, they will walk around for hours dressed in their best outfits on a Sunday afternoon and admire all of the beautiful displays, standing for several minutes in front of each store admiring every detail. You can imagine then how important it is for the shops to have gorgeous windows to hold their attention. They are their own works of art, installation pieces, ready to wow and of course make you want to buy!  I have always loved the art of window display and if I ever have to get a ‘real job’ again, this is definitely what I would want to do. 

Yesterday I went out for a little walk around the center of Florence to check out what’s in store for autumn and snapped a few shots for you to check out.  Hope you enjoy them! 
Let's start with Armani
This necklace is A-mazing!

I wish I remembered which store this is....
Because I'm in L.O.V.E with these boots! 
Roberto Cavalli, a  local Florentine
For your home. I always love the windows at Coin
I caught some vetreniste in action!
How incredible is this hat?!
Flow
OMGucci!
         
Diesel

Love the attitude! At Massimo Dutti

and let's not forget about those beautiful Italian men!
Miss Trench
Raspini
Save the Queen! and that blue coat for me!
Sisley
Valentino
Zara

I can’t decide which one I like best; they’re all so great! How about you?  Which 
one of these displays is your favorite? Tell me in the comments sections below.  Thanks for stopping by!

I've tried over and over again to figure how to leave the comments box open but it will not work for some reason, to leave a comment, please click on the word 'comments' below! Thanks! 

6 comments:

  1. If you look behind your dream boots you can see that the store is Comptoir des Cotonniers :-) In fact, here they are :-) http://www.comptoirdescotonniers.com/fra/eboutique/d4-accessoires/r6-chaussures?collec_Id=25

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eye Birgitte!! Thanks! Now all I need is 260euro! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, I can't help you with that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is tough to choose just one, but I love the Armani lace dress! Love all the photos. I had fun on my virtual passegiata :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! I had a hard time choosing too! I love the Armani and aside from the boots, I'm loving the Raspini. Glad you enjoyed it though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I always look forward to hearing from my reader! It will just take a second and I will get your comment posted!

Don't be Shy! Share!